1. Natural Disasters are Natural so why are they a disaster? Building Codes?
2. Your home IS NOT your shelter, for you are forced to evacuate when nature calls.
3. Year after year folks are boarding up and/or rebuilding their community with no code change.
4. Think how much more you are paying every year for building supplies do to the “Business as usual” of board-up/tear down/rebuild mentality of the modern engineering & architectural communities.
5. There has been an outcry to reduce the strain on our Natural Resources, yet each time a natural disaster strikes our Natural Resources are put to the test.
7. Then there is on average 300,000 people killed each year and 900,000 displaced due to the lack in structural design and its ability to be sustainability lasting structures.
8.What of the fact, that every time you are asked to evacuate your communities, you stand the chance that the Local or Federal Governing bodies could seize your land and you will never be allowed to return to your homes or communities.
9. When talking of sustainability and building green, if a structure is not sustainable in of itself is it truly sustainable or green when you must evacuate it tomorrow?
*For further information on build code reform go to http://buildtoflowwithnaturenottoresistit.blogspot.com/2012/07/underground-shelters-wont-cut-it.html or just read on! Thank you sincerely, StonewallMary